We have quite a few realtors in the friend and family circle, but I never award business simply because I know you. I always do extensive research and make an informed decision after doing my homework. I feel that this extra effort on the front end saves you a lot of headaches in the long run and puts you in the best position possible to be successful.
Through this extensive process we selected Arianna. For reference, in a realtor, I’m looking for the following:
1. Expertise – You better know your stuff and be able to easily translate those endless pages of jargon in the contracts I’m signing. I’m looking to you as my trusted adviser in this arena and want to know that your advice is sound.
2. Impeccable Ambassador – You are representing me in negotiations. I want to know you are both respectful and kind, but not a pushover. You have to be able to navigate sticky situations with grace under pressure or we could lose the deal.
3. Highly Responsive – I have a very high sense of urgency so I expect responses to email and texts to be same day at the very least and ideally within minutes or hours. This includes the speed with which you can execute a given task (i.e. provide a vendor list, write up an offer, get us in to see a house etc).
4. Quality/Class – We used Arianna to both buy and sell. I wanted our listing to be top quality (staged with professional photos, well-written and accurate descriptions, etc). I also wanted to make sure our offers were written impeccably (standard contract requests, creative solutions, with amendments properly processed). These are not easily found in one individual. We have impeccably high standards. Arianna earned my respect through the process. Every time I made a request, she delivered.
If we had a miscommunication, we addressed it directly. No one is going to be perfect, but I feel the mark of an exceptional individual is someone who always wants to get better and who will address your concerns head on.
Arianna did just that. When the going got tough, Arianna was there. I honestly do not believe another realtor could have navigated it as well as her. She excels at what I call care-frontational conversations. There were times I did not want to hear what she was saying but she was able to say it in a way that I could hear it and not be offended. That is definitely not an easy thing to do. I wish I had that ability. The end result:
1. We met Arianna on a Saturday and listed our house that following Thursday (staged with professional photos and all).
2. We put in an offer on a hot property against 5 other offers. We won even though ours was a contingent offer.
3. We got into escrow on our own property within a few days of making the above contingent offer (required as part of the contract or we would lose out to the other buyers).
4. We ended up with our dream home in a little over 2 months. The results speak for themselves.
I would use Arianna again in a heartbeat and highly recommend her to others.